Financial Advisor for Athletes 2023: Over the years, we have heard and seen cases of professional athletes going bankrupt after years of their sportsmanship.
In the majority of cases that have been previously discovered, poor financial decisions were the primary cause of bankruptcy or difficult financial circumstances.
Even though athletes enjoy lucrative contracts, endorsement deals, wealth, and other numerous extraordinary opportunities, it is important to note that they also face risk and encounter challenging financial situations also.
In order to prevent or handle this challenging financial situation and also secure their future, professional athletes have to find a way to navigate the financial landscape and make the most of their financial resources.
To achieve this, athletes need the guidance, advice, and expertise of a qualified and trusted athlete financial advisor.
Some of the services financial advisor offer to this athlete includes;
- Tax Optimization Strategy
- Risk Mitigation
- Wealth Management
- Long Term finance planning
- Retirement planning
- Asset Management
- Investment Planning
But who exactly do we refer to as Athletes?🤔
An athlete is a person that is have undergone several training and is specifically physically built to compete in one or more sporting activities. These activities could be field or indoor activities. They can also be referred to as sportsmen or sportswomen just like Wikipedia will call them.
In this article, we will explore the best financial advisors that are tailored specifically for athletes and also critically look at the role of these financial advisors to athletes discussing the benefits they provide and the strategies they employ to ensure long-term financial success.
Top 10 Qualified Financial Advisory Firms for Athletes
1. Octagon Financial Services: Octagon is a leading global sports and entertainment agency that offers comprehensive financial advisory services tailored specifically for athletes.
They offer top-notch personalized financial planning, investment management, tax planning, risk management solutions, wealth management, and budgeting services.
Octagon Financial Services is a financial advisory firm in the US that specializes in helping its client build and manage their wealth in a very easy way.
One of their popular slogans is “If you can dream it, we can help you do it”. Meaning that whatever your dream no matter how big it is, they can help you achieve it with their services.
How To Reach Octagon Financial Services
31 West Street, Houghton, 2198
Private Bag X 1118, Houghton, 2041
Tel: 011 440 6750
Fax: 011 483 1107
Unit 7 b Ground Floor, The Boatshed,
Thesen Harbour Town, Thesen Islands, Knysna, 6570
Tel: 011 440 6750
Fax: 086 298 3814
See Also: Why I love Being A Financial Advisor
2. Athlete Wealth Management (AWM) Group: The Athlete Wealth Management (AWM) is a division of AWM Capital LLC ( registered as an investment advisor) that offers a wide range of financial services, such as investment management, retirement planning, estate planning, and tax solutions, and focuses on wealth management for professional sportsmen.
They decided to start-up Athlete Wealth Management (AWM) Capital out of their experience as athletes and wealth advisors, which specializes in providing personalized comprehensive finance advice to athletes so as to prevent future financial challenging situations.
How To Reach Athletes Wealth Management (AWM) Group
1 N. 1st Street, Suite 685
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Phone: (323) 940-1339
612 S Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90014
Phone: (323) 940-1339
Email: [email protected]
Must Read: Financial Advisors Strengths And Weaknesses
3. Financial Finesse: Financial finesse specializes not only in offering specialist financial counseling services for athletes, Financial Finesse is also a top provider of workplace financial wellness programs.
At every step of their careers, they offer athletes comprehensive financial planning, debt management, investment advice, and education.
The founder, Liz Davidson was once an investment manager who dedicated the mission of the company to providing athletes with unbiased information and guidance they need to become and stay financially secure now and in the future.
Over the course of 20 years, Financial finesse has impacted millions of lives and has also proven that the financial wellness project (when adhered to properly) can transform the financial future of athletes and every other individual or organization they serve.
How To Reach Financial Finesse
883 N Douglas St,
El Segundo, CA 90245
4. Pro Athlete Advantage: Pro Athlete Advantage is a financial advisory firm that focuses exclusively on serving professional athletes.
They offer individualized financial planning, investment management, and tax planning services that are catered to the special requirements and difficulties of athletes.
Through leadership development, finance and mental training, Pro Athlete Advantage assists athletes in maximizing their sports experience both while at the peak of their career and afterward.
In order to help athletes maximize and use their athletic experience both on and off the field, Matt Phillips established the Pro Athlete Advantage.
How To Reach Pro Athletes Advantage
11175 Cicero Drive
Alpharetta, GA 30022
7400 Baymeadows Way
Jacksonville, FL 32256
5. Athlete’s First Partners (A1 partners): Athlete’s First partners is an organization that manages athletes and provides financial advice to professional players.
They provide athletes with a whole approach to their financial well-being by providing financial planning, investment management, tax planning, and risk management services.
The US based Athletes company is the largest NFL talent representation agency in the United State Of America.
Their Expertise spread across property consulting, group marketing right representation and sponsorship sales.
How To Reach Athlete’s First Partner
6. Sports & Entertainment Group: The Sports & Entertainment Group is a financial advisory firm specializing in serving professional athletes and entertainers.
They provide personalized financial planning, investment management, insurance solutions, and tax strategies to help athletes achieve their financial objectives.
How To Reach Sport And Entertainment Group
Carrer de Sèneca 13
Hay Hill 12
R. Jaceru 384 – Vila Gertrudes
Brandshofer Deich 33
+31 20 589 40 00
7. Wasserman: Wasserman is a global sports and entertainment agency based in Los Angeles.
They offers financial advisory services for professional athletes and Music Stars around the world.
Their dedicated team of advisors provides brand marketing, property marketing, wealth management, investment guidance, tax planning, and insurance solutions to help athletes navigate their financial journeys.
Wasserman have physical presence in 6 continents, 23 countries and 45 cities across the world. Some of their popular branches are listed below. You can check their website ” https://www.teamwass.com/about/global-presence/ ” to locate one of their offices if not listed below:
How To Reach Wasserman
Austin, TX, USA
8. Creative Artists Agency (CAA): The renowned talent and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA) provides athletes with financial consulting services.
They have a committed group of financial consultants who offer athletes full-service financial planning, investment management, tax planning, and estate planning solutions.
How To Reach Creative Artists Agency
9. TSG Wealth Management: TSG wealth management is a leading financial advisory firm with a team “ The TSG Sport and Entertainment Team” that specialize in helping clients in the sporting and the entertainment industry to understand their financial position and also create a personalized financial strategy to manage their finance, tackle financial crisis and implement investments plans.
TSG wealth Management strives to achieve four basic thing while working with any of their clients in the sport or entertainment industry. They refer to this things as 4 A’s;
- Appreciate: Appreciate Individual client’s profile
- Advice: Give personalized advice to client and ensure the client understand the importance of the strategy
- Assemble: Assemble a team and resource to help client achieve financial goal
- Achieve: Help client achieve and a long term financial goal and objectives
How To Reach TSG Wealth Management
6460 East Pacific Coast Hwy
Long Beach, CA 90803
18800 Von Karman Ave
Irvine, CA 92612
10. Global Business Management: Global Business Management is a wealth management company that have been in existence for so many decades.
They specialize in offering tax, accounting, business and wealth management services to professional sportsmen/ sportswomen, entertainers, business owners, entrepreneurs and families.
The founder, David Garelick EA, CFP®, AIF® who is a member of the National Association of Enrolled Agent and a certified financial planner, have extensive educational background, knowledge and experience in retirement, tax, education, finance and insurance planning.
How To Reach Global Business Management
23822 Valencia Blvd.
Valencia, CA 91355
Tel: (661) 286-0044
Fax: (661) 286-0079
Sherman Oaks Office
15260 Ventura Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Tel: (818) 385-3100
Fax: (818) 385-3110
1222 16th Ave South
Nashville, TN 37212
Tel: (615) 418-6626
Fax: (615) 488-0920
Do Athletes Need Financial Advisors?
Yes, athletes need financial advisor in every stage of their career and even after their career.
The primary reason why athletes need financial advisor is to help them manage and invest their large sums of money earned by drafting comprehensive financial plans while the athletes focus more on his/her athlete career.
Here are a few other reasons why athletes may require the services of financial advisors:
1. Protection Against Challenging Financial Situation: Recall the popular quote from Benjamin Franklin “ Failing to plan is planning to fail”.
Painfully, a lot of athletes experience bad financial pitfalls years after the end of their careers as a result of a lack of planning for retirement life.
Financial advisors help safeguard and protect athletes against bad financial decisions and also safeguard their finances against fraud.
2. Tax Planning And Compliance: Professional athletes frequently encounter unusual tax challenges, which most times are a result of playing in different states or countries, earning money from endorsements from different countries, Transfers, and so on.
Athletes may improve their tax planning, maintain compliance, and perhaps even lessen their tax burden with the assistance of financial advisors who have experience in sports financing.
3. Limited Earning Window: Many athletes have a limited period to earn substantial income due to the injuries they may sustain in their sport.
A financial advisor can help athletes make the most of their earnings by creating a plan that focuses on long-term financial stability beyond their playing years.
Do NBA Players Have Financial Advisors?
Yes, In fact so many NBA players out there have financial advisors that help them manage their large finances with a well-drafted personalized financial plan which will help them prevent future bankruptcy.
Additionally, financial advisors usually help NBA players navigate the complex tax landscape, considering factors such as state taxes, endorsement income, and deductions.
They can help players optimize their tax strategies, comply with tax regulations, and potentially reduce their tax liability.
There are some NBA players out there who rejected the service of a financial advisor and they went broke after their career.
If you are an NBA player without a financial advisor, I will recommend you seek the service of one today to save your future.